Friday, September 28, 2012

Day 55 Painted Desert, AZ


Our first stop in Arizona was the Petrified Forest and Painted Desert. The Painted Desert was amazing! It reminded us of Badlands in SD, except bigger and more colorful. We also had fun racing a tour group of Germans, trying to get to all the lookout points before them.

When we found out that we were on the biggest Native American Reservation in the U.S., Alex and I tried to get in touch with our inner Navajo and this is what happened to me.






After we'd seen enough of the Painted Desert, we went to check out the Petrified Forest. My mom and sister had been there before and my mom had warned me that the Petrified Forest is really disappointing and there isn't really much to see. As always, my mom was right and literally these chunks of petrified wood were the most exciting thing there. Honestly my favorite part of the Petrified Forest was this bright, yellow flower bush!



No comments:

Post a Comment